CD not in drive?

Lords of the Realm 2 (Sierra)
PirateGuy

CD not in drive?

Post by PirateGuy »

I installed the game, and it starts fine, up until I try to start a skirmish, it says there's no CD in the drive, but it's there. :( I have the right CD drive selected (drive E:/), so I'm not sure what's wrong. :? I have Vista 32bit, and if you need to know any more of my specs let me know. EDIT: Also, it seems to only affect skirmish games, the campaign plays fine. :?
Last edited by PirateGuy on Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Collector

Re: CD not in drive?

Post by Collector »

Do you have a drive D:? I would not have thought that Lords2 would have the problem, but some older programs that look to the CD for resources expect the CD drive to be contiguous. If you have no drive D:, try remapping your CD to D:.
PirateGuy

Post by PirateGuy »

Well, Drive D:/ is in use, that's my backup hard drive for C:/. :| Maybe I could try renaming both drives? I just don't want to mess anything up. :shock:
Collector

Post by Collector »

What I suggested was for if D: was not assigned to a drive, so never mind what I first suggested. Check your CD. make sure that it is readable, with no scratches, abrasions, cracks, etc.
PirateGuy

Post by PirateGuy »

It seems fine, and also I can browse the contents of the CD and the game can install the regular way, so I guess it's fine.
Collector

Post by Collector »

One way that you can check to see if it is fully readable is to copy the entire disc to your hard drive. Also, do you see a "LORDS2.INF" in the installed folder?
PirateGuy

Post by PirateGuy »

In the folder the custom installer made? I'm not really sure, here's a picture of the folder: http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/8180/helpis.jpg
Collector

Post by Collector »

I'm sorry, but I meant "LORDS2.INI", not "LORDS2.INF". It looks like you have your windows set to hide extensions. This is potentially dangerous. Go to Start > Control Panel > Folder Options > View tab > and uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types". You should find a line in it that says "cdpath=". It should be pointing to E:\FILES.
PirateGuy

Post by PirateGuy »

I found a file called L2.INI, so I renamed it to "LORDS2.INI". This is what it says:
[Config]
cdpath=E:\FILES
CDDrive=E:\
WindowsDir=C:\Windows\

I added the cdpath=E:\FILES, but it's still saying there's no cd in the drive. :x I hope we get this fixed soon, I was wanting to play multiplayer online with some friends in this game as well, and it seems the host's game needs to have the cd in the drive.
Collector

Post by Collector »

PirateGuy wrote:it seems the host's game needs to have the cd in the drive.
That might be where your problem is. I don't know how mutiplayer mode will work with jafa's installer. Does it complain about the CD if you are playing in single player mode?