TCP/IP TCP and UDP port requirements for multiplayer

Lords of the Realm 2 (Sierra)
dimante

TCP/IP TCP and UDP port requirements for multiplayer

Post by dimante »

The game has the choice for TCP/IP for multiplayer and let's you select an IP for multiplay... I used to do this back in the day but firewalls were not an issue back then. Does anyone know the required port ranges to open for multiplayer?

Thanks,
-D-
yoshi5

Re: TCP/IP TCP and UDP port requirements for multiplayer

Post by yoshi5 »

2300 TCP
2350 udp
34551 udp
45186 udp
59865 udp
62930 udp

are the ports when i run the game server let me know if it works i can look a lil closer if need be

have to ask do you have any issues with game messages when playing (if you are using seige pack)
dimante

Post by dimante »

Thanks for the post. When I netstat -a -b on the system I did not see a TCP port in use by LOTR2.EXE. It also seems like the UDP range randomizes each time the game server is launched. I will post a very detailed account of what it takes to get it working from behind a firewall. I have to say (I played this game back in the day as well) that I have not experienced any game glitches with the game as it sits now. I think a lot of the programming was ahead of its time. The newer systems seem to do well with this game. I run Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit. What kind of issues are you experiencing?

-D-
yoshi5

Post by yoshi5 »

when i play multiplayer on my lan win7u 64 both pc's everything works but the game messages that pop up they close before you can read or even see them this issue only happens to me with the pack installed so no alliance and if you lose a crop sometimes you don't even see it and win the computer send you messages you don't get to read them
dimante

Post by dimante »

I noticed that I had to turn the game speeds down to 1 or it would go too fast.
yoshi5

Post by yoshi5 »

i will try that next time i can get my gf to play lol i will let you know if that works for me
mariasam

Post by mariasam »

I mean no files were written to the game CD. WHen I start the game and pick single player it gives a screen that says tne CD is not in the bay. It is but it has no files on it. :lol:
erum

Post by erum »

Do you have a drive D:? I would not have thought that Lords2 would have the problem, but some older programs that look to the CD for resources expect the CD drive to be contiguous. If you have no drive D:, try remapping your CD to D:.