Game lag to crash in multiplayer TCP

Lords of the Realm 2 (Sierra)
flexzi

Game lag to crash in multiplayer TCP

Post by flexzi »

Hi there,

I've been experiencing some problems while playing lotr2 multiplayer (original or siege pack). Whenever i start a game, there is no problem, everything works just fine when the right cd's are loaded, the game starts. Having some minor trouble with the speedy messages but we'll work past that. now the problem that im having is that sooner or later, one of the players gets kicked out of the games (i have 2 computers at home). when playing you can see a little green blip that turns red every now and then (or vice versa). at a certain point in the game the connection will just be lost, sometimes this is after 5 minutes, sometimes after over 3 hours of playing. it's really annoying since it never lets me finish a multiplayer game.

I'm playing 64bit vs. winxp, but like i said, connecting and starting the game isnt a problem. the game doesnt crash to desktop, it just says there is a connection error and we are not able to click any of the buttons in game anymore, except for the option menu. at that point there's nothing else for us to do but shut down the game.

any thoughts or solutions on this?
Flexzi
Collector

Re: Game lag to crash in multiplayer TCP

Post by Collector »

I don't think that jafa did anything with the networking part of the game, given that the server would have long ago been closed. The DOS version is a little more stable, but Sierra never added networking to the DOS version.