Is Amber completable?

Amber - Journeys Beyond
George77

Is Amber completable?

Post by George77 »

Thanks for the Amber installer. Is it possible to complete the game with it? If not, does some workaround (for example savegames) exist for underwater and password problems?
jafa
Site Admin

Re: Is Amber completable?

Post by jafa »

Hi,

There are a few bugs that are on my TODO list (Amber is at the top).

Nick
George77

Post by George77 »

And those bugs are so serious that the game cannot be completed? In that case I would wait for next version of the installer before starting to play.
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

I can't tell you how pleased I was that somebody developed an XP patch/installer for Amber: Journeys Beyond; it has always been one of my favorite games. Using this installer, I have been able to get through almost the whole game except for one crucial point: entering the password on the in-game computer. I have noticed that this is an issue that is being worked on, and I am wondering on the progress being made on this issue. I'm dying to be able to complete the game, and this is all that stands in the way of the game being completely playable on XP machines! I have had no issues with in-game animation problems or any issues with the in-game movies playing correctly. I also haven't experienced any game crashes while playing the game. All I need is to be able to enter the password, and I think SquirtTheCat can cosider this game patch/installer a success!
phaylen

Post by phaylen »

I LOVE amber! Please oh Please finish this install. I have been searching for YEARS for a way to install it on XP!
George77

Post by George77 »

So here is savegame from the final part of Amber after entering the password. Just press enter to continue and the game should be completable (tested on Windows XP).
Attachments
password.zip
(1.54 KiB) Downloaded 1261 times
Last edited by George77 on Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stuff

Post by Stuff »

Much thanks for this installer (thou a little disappointed it didn't get finished).

Also a big thanks to George77 for the bypass save file. <3