Bladerunner for Windows 7/64 bit

General talk, games, requests, feedback
LesCM19

Bladerunner for Windows 7/64 bit

Post by LesCM19 »

I have Collector's fixed installation file which gets around the incompatible CD installer. It seems to install OK. I had DOS Box installed. The shortcut for BR had a comment 'open with DOS Box' I think.
Is there a compatibility mode or something as well as the screen flickers a bit and the game dies.
Should I have done the install without Avira & Firewall? A detection did come up but I forced it to ignore, not quarantine. Also did an uninstall of DOS Box to see if BR would download it as stated in readme but same result.
Thinking of getting an old PC...but I gather other gamers have got this to work.

cheers
Les
Collector

Re: Bladerunner for Windows 7/64 bit

Post by Collector »

A couple of things. First, The Blade Runner installer is not a Squirt the Cat installer, and as such you should ask any questions about it on my forum, not here. http://sierrahelp.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=24

Also know that I normally do not write installers for non Sierra games. I wrote the Blade Runner installer on a special request. Blade Runner is a Windows game and does not use DOSBox. The DOSBox in the README and shortcut hints are from some template files I use where I simply missed removing those references. They have no effect on the game.

I don't want to be using jafa's board to support my installer, so if you ask on the SHP forum, we can explore what issues you may be having.