Lighthouse patching issue

Lighthouse - The Dark Being (Sierra)
Dirtalliance

Lighthouse patching issue

Post by Dirtalliance »

Hello. I'm using win7 X64 and it runs great. But have run into an issue where the third part where you take the bat to some weird beach. 'N If you save and try to come back it pops some error, can't see it now. Because I went and tried to download the 2.0 patch and unpacked everything and overwrote all the original content. And lo and behold... There is no 'LHPAT.EXE' to open that is supposed to patch the game with. So now the game doesn't even run anymore and have to delete and do everything all over again.

I have been looking all over and can't find any executable thats from any 'previous' patches that the 2.0 patches mention. Is there anyone on here that could assist with this issue?

Thank you.
Collector

Re: Lighthouse patching issue

Post by Collector »

Where did you download that patch? The LHPAT patch was superseded by later patches. The LITEPT2A Patch includes all previous patches. LITEPT2A is supposed to be included in jafa's installer.
Dirtalliance

Post by Dirtalliance »

Used this to install on win7

http://www.squirtthecat.com/games/lighthouse/index.html

This is the site i found live downloadable content at

http://www.sierrahelp.com/Patches-Updat ... dates.html
Collector

Post by Collector »

I don't have the LHPAT there since it wan not on the Sierra FTP when I grabbed all of the patches. The LITEPT2A is all you need, which is included in both the installer from here as well as my installer. I am not sure what all modifications that jafa did with his installer, but his patching often makes the EXE not respect all of the configuration file. One of the tokens specifies the location of the patches. There is no EXE in the LITEPT2A download. All of the patch files are just replacement resources that the game uses in lieu of the ones in the game's archives.

If your game no longer starts, you will need to do a clean install. You can try to keep any save games you have by copying the *SG.000 and *SG.CAT from you existing installation into the new one.

If you still have issues with the glider, you can try my DOSBox installer ( http://sierrahelp.com/Patches-Updates/N ... Lighthouse ). Note that you will not be able to use you old save games, but the DOS version generally is less buggy than the Windows. It also has the advantage of CD-less play.
Dirtalliance

Post by Dirtalliance »

After deleting and reinstalling the issues went away and am now stuck in the damn volcano lol. But other then that the game works perfectly on win7 with the installer I mentioned.

Yea I didn't read that part on the page that said those patches were already included. So thats why extracting those files over corrupted the game. Saved game files were retained because the save folder was external from the game dir.

I tried Dosbox before and it said that it wont run in dos. So I found that other installer 'n that did the job after pissing me off first lol.

Thanks for the input tho.
Collector

Post by Collector »

The game ships with two interpreters, Windows and DOS. If you got that message, you were trying to launch the Windows EXE in DOSBox. The game has to be installed in for it to work. For the DOS version it has to be installed in DOSBox, first. Using my installer does this automatically. You would have ended up with a shortcut to start the game as if it was a native Windows game.
Demijurg 4

Post by Demijurg 4 »

Long time no hear :) So, it's possible to finish the game with Jaffa installer? There is no game-breaking bug on submarine or somewhere else?