Choppy sound during cut scenes

Phantasmagoria 2 - A Puzzle of Flesh (Sierra)
sobrietyanxiety

Choppy sound during cut scenes

Post by sobrietyanxiety »

Hey -

First off, this installer is amazing and curbstomps the DosBox version of the game. The only minor annoyance in this otherwise perfect upgrade the choppy sound during cut scenes (not present when running through DosBox.) Is there a fix for this that I'm overlooking?

Thanks in advance!
satsuki

Re: Choppy sound during cut scenes

Post by satsuki »

Hello.
thanks for this great installer.
i also have the choppy realy laggy video sequences, the game itself run very well

i use windows 7 32bits pro and use the cds of the original french version (tried the iso from my cd too and get the same bug)

if you want more details please ask

thanks
satsuki

Post by satsuki »

bug spotted

it's all about video driver.
i use an ati card, the lastest driver make vidéo laggy but the lastest beta is ok ^^
suissant

Post by suissant »

I don't think it's only a card issue. I'm having the same choppy sound with a nvidia card. I would really like to play this game without the interlacing of the videos, but with this choppy sound in cutscenes I have to stick with the dosbox for now.
suissant

Post by suissant »

Not long after posting I discovered the problem. For anyone having this problem, try desabling automatic deinterlacing in your video card driver's preferences. It seems to conflict with the patch.

edit: i'm using a nvidia card, don't know if ati has this option.