Panic Error – Out of Memory

Phantasmagoria 2 - A Puzzle of Flesh (Sierra)
Dav3rd

Panic Error – Out of Memory

Post by Dav3rd »

I recently got Phantasmagoria 2 from one of my friends, and was able to get it running with the phantasmagoria_2_english_install_20080916.msi found at http://www.squirtthecat.com/games/phant ... index.html. Overall, everything has been good except at the part where you show the second message from Therese, the one that has the women bonded in fetish stuff, and has “Thinking of you. Whips and kisses, T.”, to the guy that won’t let you through The Borderline nightclub. Whenever I do so at that part, the game goes black, with the cursor still visible, and then 15-20 seconds latter it shows this panic message

Panic

We’re sorry, you have encountered an internal game error. Please restart your game and restore a saved game. If you have continued problems, please report the following information to Sierra Technical support:

Out of Memory: need=4294752256 got=7228408 freeLocked=56348 Movie=0 atr=00000243 last=7730.duk Script # 63002 ($fcd047ec+)

Now, I have 4 gigs of ram, Intel 2.4 e6600 Duel Core Duo 2 processor, and a Geforce 9800 GTX video card. Surely I can’t be out of memory, but then again I’m not sure if this is a problem with the game or not, or maybe with “phantasmagoria_2_english_install_20080916.msi” I use. Any ideas to overcome this problem?
Dav3rd

Re: Panic Error – Out of Memory

Post by Dav3rd »

Is there anyone who can help me with this?? It's really annoying that it does this and there is no solution online to fix it..

I've also tried virtual pc to run it off of windows 95 and 98, but they both do the same thing of just stopping when they get to the fmv scenes.. its stupid..

Overall, is there any way to change the saved files and go past that part, and if so, what is the name of the file, as I’m looking and there is no file that seems to correspond with what the game uses when you save your game.. Or can anyone give me there saved files so i don't have to deal with that fmv scene lol..