RAMA Black screen

RAMA (Sierra)
Ixtab

RAMA Black screen

Post by Ixtab »

Hi,
I have been trying to get this to work for a while now, and I came across the windows installer for RAMA here. I used it, with the disk in the drive, but when I launch the game, I just get a black screen. I tried just waiting to see if it would work eventually, but ended up having to end task it after a while. I also tried the DOSBox version, but I get the error 'Directory - ioctl doesn't exist'. I have no idea what that means. I have tried reinstalling both versions several times, and I keep getting the same results. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Collector

Re: RAMA Black screen

Post by Collector »

The creator of the StC version has not been around and I am not sure what might the problem with it. If by "DOSBox" you are talking about my installer ( http://sierrahelp.com/Patches-Updates/N ... ers.html#R )that is not an error that you would get. That could not be coming from the Sierra interpreter nor DOSBox. If it is not what you used, follow the link and do a clean install.
Ixtab

Post by Ixtab »

Yes, that link is where I got the dosbox installer. The error comes up in dosbox after it tries to mount a C:
All the dosbox window says is:
Drive C is mounted as local directory .\
Directory -ioctl doesn't exist.

The window stays up for a minute or so, then closes.
Collector

Post by Collector »

I really prefer to deal with my installers on my forum instead of jafa's, but redownload do a clean install.