Windows 8

RAMA (Sierra)
overkill94

Windows 8

Post by overkill94 »

I put the CD in my drive and ran the installer but I get the 999.pal error message. Will this require another update?
Collector

Re: Windows 8

Post by Collector »

The cannot fine 999.pal is usually a problem where the game cannot find the CD. Unmodified, this is usually an easy fix, but the installers here seem to make the games ignore the RESOURCE.CFG. If jafa does not see this, you can try this installer:

http://sierrahelp.com/Patches-Updates/N ... ers.html#R
BengalTigger

Post by BengalTigger »

Installed on Windows 8.1 using the modified installer. The game runs (yea!) but crashes just after viewing the crew's messages, but before descending the elevator. No error displayed, the game just closes every time at that location. Any ideas?
Collector

Post by Collector »

This is something that jafa would have to look into. Unfortunately, he has not been around much lately. If he sees this, he will probably respond. If he does not, there is the DOSBox installer, linked to above that you can use.
BengalTigger

Post by BengalTigger »

Of course, as soon as I post a question, I figured it out. I had missed getting Puck out of the locker. Once I did that the glitch did not occur and I was able to continue.
Thanks for the quick response!
Collector

Post by Collector »

Glad you got it figured out, but still, it should not crash just because you forgot something. It just shouldn't let you go down. The DOS version works like it should.