Installing on Windows 8

RAMA (Sierra)
ned1

Installing on Windows 8

Post by ned1 »

Hi, I've downloaded the installer, and set the compatibility mode to Windwos XP (service pack 2) and tried it in Vista. No matter what I do, the game gives me this error when I try to install:

Unsupported 16 bit application

The program or feature "\??\E:\SETUP.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatibility with
64 bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64 bit Windows
Compatible version is available.

I don't think Sierra is even in business anymore and there's no way anybody there could provide me with a 64 bit compatible version! So of course I turn on reduced color to 16 bit in settings, but no matter what I try I always get the same error. I have the original CDs in perfect condition too! Please help me with this issue. This is probably my favorite game and I can't wait to play it again.
Collector

Re: Installing on Windows 8

Post by Collector »

Stick CD1 in your drive and run the MSI file you downloaded from here, not the original setup.
ned1

Post by ned1 »

Ok, I've done that, how do I launch it? The launch option on the autorun file is still grayed out.
Collector

Post by Collector »

You do not use the original installer at all. Close that out. just double click the MSI file that you downloaded.