Skills allocator broken?

Betrayal in Antara (Sierra)
Karei

Skills allocator broken?

Post by Karei »

I'm not sure whether or not it's a problem caused by the Betrayal in Antara XP installer, but I can't think what else it might be.

The five selected skills on the skill screen never increase any faster than the others like they're supposed to. They only ever increase when they are used, just like the rest. (With an exception being Aren's magic skills.)

On another note when the game is installed using the XP installer it's not compatible with the Version 1.1 patch of the game. Or did you include the patch in the installer?
In any case, when I tried to install the patch, it said this: "Old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match."
Trojax

Re: Skills allocator broken?

Post by Trojax »

Thats how it worked when it came out too. The designers probably realized it would be a little crazy if you could max out all your skills. So it maybe it works more like Krondor where the skills you allocate get more of a boost from experience than the untagged skills. At least its not too hard to max out the skills you actually need like offense and defense.