Game crashes at the beginning of chapter 4

Betrayal in Antara (Sierra)
Ossido

Game crashes at the beginning of chapter 4

Post by Ossido »

Hello, I'm having a problem with the game:
I installed the game and everything worked perfectly until I finished chapter 3.
At the end of chapter 3, after the cutscene, the game asks me to insert CD2, which I do (I mount it with DaemonTools, but it shouldn't be a problem).
At the end of the cutscene for chapter 4 the game crashes without any error message.
I used the installer to remove the installation and install it again, I didn't lose my game saves, and nothing changed, it still crashes after the cutscene for chapter 3. It crashes either if I watch through it or if I skip it with Esc.

Am I the only one with this problem?
Ossido

Re: Game crashes at the beginning of chapter 4

Post by Ossido »

Problem solved, thank you anyway.
After trying to install the game on another computer (linux+wine) and encountering the same behaviour I figured it out:
I "acquired" from the internet another .iso for the second CD and everything worked. Apparently it was the .iso I ripped from my own original CD to be faulty.

Also, thank you for the installer and for the good work on these old Sierra games.
Christes

Re: Game crashes at the beginning of chapter 4

Post by Christes »

Not sure if anyone checks this anymore but...

I had the same problem on windows 7, and it wasn't the cd. I got it to work by running it under windows xp compatibility mode.