Game crashes after starting new game

Betrayal in Antara (Sierra)
davidintel

Game crashes after starting new game

Post by davidintel »

The problem is I don't how to install the game, I am using Windows 7 64 bit. I have the 3 cd set but the first disk says it is incompatible with 64 bit windows. Do I just copy the cds onto the hard drive without installing them and then use squirt's installer? Thanks in advance
Collector

Re: Game crashes after starting new game

Post by Collector »

Just run the installer with the CD in.
davidintel

Post by davidintel »

Thanks, I uninstalled the installer and ran it again with the cd in the drive. It works perfectly. Thanks for the assistance.

I am using compatibility mode-Windows XP SP2
jdvmsr1176

Post by jdvmsr1176 »

Attempting to INSTALL/start Antara, DL from GOG, and get error msg SIERRA.ERR not found. GIG sent email with that file as attachment but it will not install. I copied the file from an other GOG game ( Krondor) and inserted into the Antara dir. It ran OK, until I closed. When I restarted the game, I got the same NO FOUND msg, and the ERR file was gone from BOTH Krondor and Antara directories. Krondor still runs, but ANTARA does not. Searches have NOT FOUND the ERR file in any HDD. This has been a recurring issue over the years. WHY?

If anyone has a solution, email jdvmsr@xit.net and have my thanks. I have the original disk for Antara, but can not remember where they are. The box is empty. jdvm
Collector

Post by Collector »

This forum is for the Squirt the Cat installer. As far as I know, GOG does not use it for their distribution. This is not the place to ask for help for GOG games. I don't know how GOG sent you the file, but if it was zipped, you need to unpack it into the base of the game's folder. Using one from another game is not recommended. It contains very specific error messages.