Game Crash After Speaking With Lokath/Fighting His Men

Betrayal in Antara (Sierra)
Temporia

Game Crash After Speaking With Lokath/Fighting His Men

Post by Temporia »

Is this forum still active? I hope so... I was enjoying playing this game so much. :cry:

I am running windows 7 ultimate and have had very little problems (occasional minor bug or crash). However I seem to have reached a bug that stops me dead in my tracks.

The Bug/Crash:

I arrive at the tavern in Choth and speak to Lokath outside. I go through the normal conversation between William and Lokath and a battle ensues. After the battle between his 2 men and mine I hit ok at the conclusion of the battle as usual. My inventory is half empty so I am surprised to see one of the characters saying "Looks like our pack is full" and then instantly I am sent to a white screen and the game force closes. :x

Things I have tried:

I have changed compatibility mode to XP and 95.
I have loaded a previous save and spoken to him.
I have completely emptied my inventory before combat.
(did not try changing my weapons but I thought that would be pointless)

I am unable to install the 1.1 patch due to incompatibility with windows 7. (or so it tells me)

I am open to suggestions? Has anyone else encountered this bug?
Trojax

Re: Game Crash After Speaking With Lokath/Fighting His Men

Post by Trojax »

I didnt have a problem on windows XP. If it says your packs are full it should put down a bag nearby with the extra stuff in it.

I finished the game, but one bug I got was that spoken dialog crashed the game sometimes at the end of a conversation. Maybe its the same problem you are having, but I can reload a save and get by ok.
msand86

Re: Game Crash After Speaking With Lokath/Fighting His Men

Post by msand86 »

it is because ration and gold inventory is full drop rations or gold to make some space it will work fine.