Crash during fight scene

Betrayal in Antara (Sierra)
katimajules

Crash during fight scene

Post by katimajules »

Hello

I just downloaed the program to run Betrayal in Antara on Windows XP. Everything work fine, except that the game crash realy often when I enter in a fight scene. Is there anything you can do to help me with that ??? I would love to play this game again... I had BIA in french when I was younger and I sold it. I bought the english version on Ebay 3 years ago to play again, but I couldnt play and this week I found your program.

Sorry for my mystakes, english isn't my frist language. I'm from Québec city

Thanks
mcg

Re: Crash during fight scene

Post by mcg »

Hello,

I had also downloaded that install and unfortunatelly I met that problem as well. The reason is the compatibility mode what you can fix easily:
Please follow next instructions:
- after installing the game search the ANTARAR.EXE in the directory of Betrayal In Antara game.
- right click on the ANTARAR.EXE
- on the quickmenu please click on 'Properties'
- on the properties panel choose 'Compatibility' tab
- at 'Compatibility mode' fill the checkbox at 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:'
- and choose 'Windows 95' in the combobox below the checkbox
- click OK
- start the game

After setting this compatibility mode you can play the game rightly from the begining to the end...
I know because I have played that game completely on XP.

MCG
Miller103

Re: Crash during fight scene

Post by Miller103 »

Hello

I just downloaed the program to run Betrayal in Antara on Windows XP. Everything work fine, except that the game crash realy often when I enter in a fight scene. Is there anything you can do to help me with that ??? I would love to play this game again... I had BIA in french when I was younger and I sold it. I bought the english version on Ebay 3 years ago to play again, but I couldnt play and this week I found your program.